The wait is over. “Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame” the much-anticipated movie of the year 2019 has hit the theatres worldwide, and fans are going crazy over it.
Was I been waiting for the movie?
Of course. But when I heard it is a 3-hour long movie it was a bit surprising for me. I was wondering how much content the creators have thought of adding.
Here, is a quick review of the movie of how I felt about it.
I am sorry, as the content contain spoiler to review it.
So, in the previous movie, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ which was nominated for the Best Movie of 2018, as we have all seen how Thanos destroyed nearly half the universe with the help of the five stones.
The Avenger team couldn’t stop him from doing that, and a few of them vanished in the air when Thanos snapped his finger.
The only survivors were now Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Hawk-Eye, Hulk, Rocket, and Nebula in the ‘Avengers: Endgame.’
Why I say the first-half is tedious?
Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is an epic, full of drama that shared the experience of each Avenger character. The first half of the movie tells how all the Avenger superheroes are down with guilt that they were incapable of stopping Thanos from destroying the world. They lost their fellow Avengers in the battle.
The first half is too much dramatic and slow. We see Iron Man lives in the woods with his wife and daughter in peace yet carrying a burden in his heart. Captain America joining a support group where he shares his thoughts. Thor is not in shape. And so on.
They moved the story to 5 years later where they introduce us to the Ant-man and his notion of ‘time travel’ which is a possibility of saving the universe from Thanos.
I have always liked Ant-man for his witty dialogues and perfect timing. He is a comic-relief in the plot.
Thanks to the creator for adding him at the right time; otherwise I would have regret wasting my money. I know that thought is too soon to come.
The process of convincing and getting into the act to fight Thanos once again by all the remaining Avengers was slow truly. Still, Professor Hulk is a treat to watch with his not-so beasty character. He is a subtle person now.
Things I liked about the movie:
- The matured character building of Iron Man and Captain America as usual.
- The transformation of the character Hulk from the violent beast to a gentle one.
- The twist about ‘time travel’ where Thanos is shown as cleverer than all the Avenger superheroes
- Iron Man remains the star of the movie from beginning till the end
- Gamora’s return which makes sense that we will get to see the next ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’
- I will be glad to see Thor in the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ – shown at the end of the movie
- The end battle is an eye-pleasing moment in the movie, where all the MCU’s superhero team gathered to fight against Thanos.
- The moment when Captain Marvel arrived and fiercely fought. That was one of the most impressive moments for me because I am a big fan of Captain Marvel.
- The sacrifice of the Black Widow has made a significant difference and importance to the character
There are plenty of other small things that I sincerely love about the movie.
Things I didn’t Like in the ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Making fun of ‘Thor’– Can you imagine Thor with belly fat and has no charm whatsoever. Although, I can understand the motive was for comic relief, but it was carried for too long which can be pretty unacceptable for the ‘Thor’ fans, like me.
- I expected some heart-touching moments on the big sacrifice that Black Widow has made, but there was none.
- The whole ‘time travel’ thing left me to confuse with many aspects like I couldn’t understand what happened when Loki in the past stole the tesseract and disappears. Also, if Nebula of the present kills the Nebula of the past, how can we still get to see Nebula in the movie?
Doesn’t make any sense.
- I didn’t know there is an Ironwoman also, Iron man’s wife Pepper. Correct me if I am wrong.
- It was hard to see Captain America become old. Does that mean there will be no Chris Evans in the MCU next?
Those who haven’t yet watched Avengers: Endgame, get your tickets and watch before it’s too late. Don’t forget to share your experience of watching the movie too.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next upcoming Marvel movie ‘Spider-Man: Far from Home.’