Do you remember the first date of your life?
Did you have a pleasant conversation with your date? Did you had enough topics to talk about?
Is it memorable enough?
The first date is possibly the most important date in your romantic life. It is exciting, nerve-wrecking, you want to make a good impression and make a connection certainly.
Planning a date is not hard, but preparing for the first date needs a little of effort. If you are looking for a serious date or want to get to know your date better, there’s nothing better than a healthy conversation.
There are many ways to create a successful first date, and one of the way is to ask the right set of questions. Your first date can go wrong if you don’t sound interesting, ask wrong questions that might offend your date, in
correct tone and indecent behaviour.
This article will provide you with an overview of what should be the right question to ask on the first date. These questions may differ from person to person. The conversation can be personal, fun, deep, and casual.
120 Incredible First Date Questions –
- How was your day? – On a first date you should always greet your date with this question. It shows your manner.
2. What are your hobbies?
3. If you had all the time and money, what would be your hobbies.
4. What do you like to do in your free time?
5. Where do you work?
6. What do you for living? Do you like your job.
7. How long have you been in this profession?
8. How d’you get started in your career.
9. What’s your schedule usually like.
10. What’s the most interesting job you have ever had.
11. What’s more important for you career or love.
12. Are you an indoor or an outdoor person?
13. What’s your favourite vacation spot.
14. What are you most passionate about?
15. Are you a morning or a night person?
16. What was the best day of your life?
17. What do you usually do on weekends?
18. What was the last book you read?—If you come to know that your date likes book you can certainly ask this question and can continue anything related to books.
19. Do you have a favorite author?
20. Do you believe in ghost? – If you want to make your conversation funnier, this could be your handy first date question to ask.
21. Shark diving, bungee jumping or skydiving? – to make your date feel less boring.
22. If you were going to go to the movies alone, what would be the perfect film for you to watch by yourself?
23. Have you seen any good movies or TV shows lately?
24. What’s the last movie you saw?
25. What are your top five favorite movies?
26. What is your favorite sitcom? – mine is FRIENDS.
27. What genre of movies do you enjoy watching?
28. What’s the most interesting documentary you have watched recently?
29. Do you listen to any podcasts?
30. Tell me about the best vacation you’ve ever taken. – A conversation about the best vacation makes sense if you both love traveling.
31. What’s your last trip?
32. What is one of the weirdest things you used to do as a teenager? – It is a perfect fun first date question to ask.
33. What motivates you to become a better person?
34. Who do you consider to be a mentor?
35. What’s your favorite cheesy pick-up line?
36. What’s the most valuable life lesson you have learned?
37. Where is your family from?
38. Are you close to your family? – Personal questions should be asked when you sense that your date is now comfortable enough.
39. Who are you closer to, mom or dad?
40. Do you have any siblings?
41. How often do you visit your hometown?
42. Do you smoke or drink?
43. Have you been to any good restaurants recently?
44. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
45. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
46. Do you like coffee or tea?
47. What makes you happy?
48. What was the best part of your childhood?
49. What’s your most funny childhood memory?
50. What was your favorite childhood memory?
51. Who are the most important people in your life?
52. Who’s the person you are closest to presently.
53. How religious are you?
54. What’s something you’re really proud of?
55. If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
56. What are you most excited about in your life right now?
57. How many times have you been in love?
58. What is something about you that would surprise me?
59. What does your ideal partner look like?
60. Do you play any instruments?
61. How long have you been single?
62. What’s your guilty pleasure?
63. What’s the worst first date you’ve ever had?
64. What food do you love the most?
65. Is there any food you don’t eat or like much?
66. What would you choose, burger or pizza?
67. Which flavour of ice cream do you like?
68. What quality does you like best in a partner?
69. What’s the Most Amazing Adventure You’ve Ever Been on?
70. Are you a mountain person or beach lover?
71. What’s on your bucket list?
72. What Did You Do Last Summer?
73. What Would Your Perfect Vacation Look Like?
74. Have you travelled solo anywhere?
75. Do you like to cook?
76. What was the last show/movies you binge-watched?
77. What country you never want to visit?
78. What was your favorite place to go when you were a kid?
79. What’s the best road trip you’ve been on?
80. What’s your favorite quote?
81. If you unexpectedly won 10,000$, how would you spend it?
82. What are you looking for in a serious relationship?
83. What’s your opinion about marriage?
84. What type of music are you into?
85. What do you think is the most romantic song ever?
86. What’s your social life like?
87. When’s your birthday?
88. How do you usually celebrate your birthday?
89. Do you have any plan this weekend?
90. Have you ever been overseas before?
91. How did you spend your lockdown?
92. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
93. What is your biggest fear?
94. What really makes you angry?
95. How do you manage yourself when you are upset?
96. What is the best gift you have ever received?
97. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? – Trick question.
98. If you were a superhero, what powers would you like to have?
99. What is the most romantic thing you’ve done for a partner? If you had any relationship earlier.
100. Are you ready for a new relationship?
101. Do you believe in soulmates?
102. Do you believe in love at first sight?
103. What do you look for in a man?
104. Have you ever done something illegal for fun?
105. What’s your favourite hang out place?
106. What kind of sports are you interested in?
107. What’s the best Christmas memory you have?
108. What goals you have for yourself right now?
109. What do you want in your life?
110. Do you like to work out?
111. Who is your celebrity crush?
112. What are the best places in the world where you want to travel to?
113. What has been the best year of your life so far?
114. Have you ever been dumped?
115. What’s your favourite cartoon character when you were a kid?
116. What you hate the most in a person?
117. Do you party often?
118. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
119. Do you like shopping often?
120. Do you have any collections? — like comic books or cards.
These are 120 great questions to ask someone with whom you are on a first date. These questions are casual, have a lighter tone and perfect if you want to get to know a little about something about your date.
Now, do not mistake thinking that asking these questions will make your date memorable or you can impress your date easily.
If you are new to this whole dating thing and looking for a new relationship to start, the first date is the baby step.
You have to plan your first date accordingly, to make a fair impression on your date.
Sometimes, when you are a novice at dating and have the least idea about what to talk about and what not to, you end up saying things that might end your date then and there.
You must know what makes a perfect date evening and how not to make your conversation sound boring.
Let’s dig in to the details below-
10 Questions You Should ‘Never’ Ask on a First Date & Ruin the Moment–
- Why are you still single?
2. How much do you earn?
3. Why did your last relationship end?
4. Do you want kids?
5. Do you find me attractive?
6. Are you a virgin?
7. How Many People Have You Slept With?
8. Do you live with your parents?
9. What are you doing tonight?
10. How many people have you been with till now.
These are some of the stupid and awkward questions that one should never ask on a first date.
Once your comfort level increases and both have spent quality of time together, the friendship has grown as well. Then, you can ask them these questions, they won’t mind.
Next thing that you should keep in mind is how you are portraying yourself on the first date. How are you communicating, what’s your tone and manner? Are you not making the conversation interesting enough?
How to Keep the conversation flowing on a first date
One of the toughest things about a first date is trying to keep the conversation going. When both meet for the first time, especially on a date, it becomes hard to keep the conversation flow.
There could be thousands of mix feelings and questions that pop into your mind, indeed questions are great for initiating conversations, but ice-breaking is the key.
Here are a few useful tips that can help you achieve a great conversation on your first date.
Do Not Talk Yourself Too Much
A first date is a great way to get to know someone new. It’s a perfect opportunity for two people to share their passions, dreams, and interests with one another.
You must not talk too much about yourself with too much information, only about your life. Let the other person share her/his experience, thoughts and interest equally.
If you keep on talking about yourself on your first date, you are more likely to be perceived as weird, selfish, and annoying. Hence, the significant other will lose interest in you.
Avoid Small Talk
If you want to make your first date interesting, it is important to avoid small talk. Come prepare with a set of probable questions stuffed inside your mind.
Take initiative in conversation approach instead of small talk. If you are facing issues in talking or not finding any topic, check out the above 120 first date questions to ask on a first date.
Build a positive vibe and create a friendly ambience.
Avoid Asking Weird Questions
You must not ask weird questions that might upset your date or put them in an uncomfortable position.
For example, if you ask them what’s your earning on the first date, your date might find it very uncomfortable to answer and there are chances the conversation ends on an unpleasant note.
Keep the Conversation Simple and Light
You can say a first date successful when it starts with a successful first conversation. It should be light and fun for both to feel comfortable talking about anything that comes up.
Keep the conversation healthy, decent and light like two friends are talking. You don’t have to follow any rules, just keep it flowing without getting into the knitty-gritty of anything specific.
Eye Contact While Talking
Not looking someone in the eye can make them feel like you are not paying attention to them. This won’t go well on your first date.
Eye contact while talking is crucial for connecting with your date.
I don’t mean to stare weirdly. Eye contact helps establishing confidence while you talk.
Do Not Start Any Political or Negative Topics
If you want to keep the conversation flowing on a first date, it is important that you stay away from controversial topics. Some don’t feel like talking about political or any negative topics as the first date isn’t the right place to talk about such topics.
It is best to start with lighter topics, like school, travel, food, hobbies, and work. The main thing is to keep the conversation positive.
Do not Stare at your Cell phone
Looking at your phone can be rude if you are sitting next to your date. Relationships are built on effective communication and you wouldn’t want to ruin the moment of your first date.
Also, if you are busy unnecessarily with your cell phone while on the first date, they will get a perception of yours as a rude, inconsiderate person.
Mobile phones are highly distracting. It will make your date feel less attentive and bore.
Hence, this wouldn’t help you in keep your conversation going.
What turns a guy off on the first date?
A lot of things can turn a guy off on the first date.
One is if the girl is trying too hard to impress him. This can come across as being desperate or needy, and it’s not attractive.
Another turn-off is if the girl is talking about herself the whole time. It’s great to be confident and share your interests, but you should also make an effort to get to know him and learn about his interests.
If you’re constantly checking your phone or looking around the room, it shows that you’re not really present and interested in the date. Be present, be engaged, and let him know that you’re happy to be there with him.
Lastly, if you’re late for the date, it shows that you don’t respect his time. This is a major turn-off for guys.
How to spice up first date?
If you’re looking to spice up your first date, there are a few things you can do to make it more exciting. You want to make a good impression, but you don’t want things to be too awkward or uncomfortable. Here are a few tips to help you spice up your first date.
Plan something out of the ordinary: If you usually go for drinks on a first date, try something different like dinner or an activity. This will help you stand out from other potential suitors and show that you’re willing to put in the effort.
First impressions matter, so take the time to put together an outfit that makes you feel confident and stylish. It doesn’t have to be anything flashy, just something that makes you feel good in your own skin.
Create some suspense by keeping your date guessing about what you have planned. Send a series of cryptic texts or messages leading up to the big reveal. – Be spontaneous and go with the flow. If your date is open to trying new things, embrace it.
If you’re looking for a more low-key first date, head to your favorite local bar or arcade. This can be a great way to relax and have some fun together without feeling the pressure of a more traditional date setting.
Your date will appreciate getting to know the real you, so don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through.
Thank you for sharing!