Being a bong(Bengali) some food recipe is always meant to be special and traditional. Aloo fulkopir dalna is one such recipe that is popular and every Bengali grandmother, mother, daughter in law, a daughter can cook in an authentic way. A typical ‘Bengali’ vegetarian dish. Well, I have learned it from my mom. The key ingredient is cauliflower, potato and green peas(optional). The first time I cooked it tasted really bad. Oh! I used to feel so bad that I couldn’t even make ‘fulkopir dalna’. Then, with my mom’s guidance I tried and tried and now I can say whenever I make this recipe my hubby just licks his finger while eating. All thanks to my sweet mom. Now, here presents the best ever Bengali veg dis-
- 2 Potato ( medium size half cut)
- 1 Cauliflower
- Green peas
- 2 Tomato (medium size)
- Green chilies
- Cumin seed
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin and coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Bay leaf
- Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Cut potatoes into half and cauliflower into medium pieces. Wash it properly. Boil the cauliflower pieces or florets for around 2-3 minute
- Take a kadai or wok, heat oil and fry the cauliflower pieces and potatoes with ½ tsp of turmeric powder till they become golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces and make a fine paste. Add red chili powder, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar into the tomato paste and mix it well.
- Add bay leaf, cumin seed and green chilies into the wok with remaining oil.
- After around 1 minute add the tomato paste and ginger paste. Let it cook and then add the cauliflower florets and potatoes. Mix it well till oil comes out from it.
- Add the green peas (optional)
- Add 1 cup of water and salt as per taste.
- Cover the wok or kadai with a lid and cook it on a medium flame for around 12-13 minutes.
- Check the salt and sprinkle some coriander leaves. It would taste better if you add little ghee on it.
Ready to serve with luchi, parantha, roti or with steam rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog. You can get me in touch at Paulomidutta89@gmail.com
I shall soon come back with a new recipe. Till then good health to you all.